March 24, 2021
How to Raise Your Hand in Zoom: New Guide for PC, Mac, & Mobile
How to raise hand in zoom:
Have you noticed how hard it is to casually interject during a Zoom meeting?
There’s always a slight delay that makes your brief comment during the discussion seem much more impolite than it is.
Maybe you’ve resorted to literally raising your hand as a participant to get people's attention, but that might receive a negative reaction.
There is a setting in Zoom meetings that allows you to actually raise your hand digitally as a participant. A hand emoji will show up on the screen.
However, most people don’t know how to do this.
How To Raise Hand in Zoom
This one of the most common questions that hosts and participants have while using Zoom, and we even struggled to answer it ourselves.
First, make sure you have compatible equipment. If you’re using Windows XP or anything else super ancient, this won't be helpful.
For the Zoom desktop client, you’ll need:
Windows version 3.5.24604.0824 or higher
Mac version 3.5.24604.0824 or higher
Linux version 1.1.44485.0317 or higher
For the Zoom mobile app, you’ll need:
iPhone version 3.5.31169.1102 or higher
Android version 3.5.24588.0824 or higher
Enough of the boring stuff. Keep reading for kind of boring, but useful, stuff.
How To Raise Your Hand as a Participant in Zoom on Mac or PC
During a meeting, click on the icon labeled "Reactions" in the toolbar on the bottom center of your screen.
2. As a participant, a new window should pop out on your screen after clicking "Reaction". At the bottom of it (bottom right of the screen), you should see the button labeled "Raise Hand." Click that button like your life depends upon it.
3. You’ll know your hand is raised as a participant when you see an emoji hand on the screen next to your name.
4. Lower your hand by clicking the same "Raise hand" button on the screen as before, which now says "Lower Hand."
How To Raise Your Hand as a Zoom Participant on iPhone or Android Mobile Device
1. During a meeting on the Zoom iPhone or Android mobile app, click on the three horizontal dots, labeled "More". Located in the toolbar in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. In the pop-up at the bottom of your screen, tap "Raise Hand."
3. The meeting organizer should now be notified that your hand is raised.
3. When you have finished your discussion and are ready to lower your hand, go back to the “More” menu (seen in step 2). You will notice that the text on the screen has now switched to say "Lower Hand". Click it.
How To Raise Hand in Zoom Dial-In Calls
To join a Zoom meeting by dialing in with a phone number, the steps to raise your hand are a bit different.
Once you join the meeting, dial *9 on your phone’s dial pad to raise your hand, and do the same to lower your hand.
That's it! Now you have a new skill to add to your Mac, Windows, or iPhone, Android résumé.